Vitamin C Foods
Below is a Partial List of Vitamin C Foods
Vitamin C Foods:
- Guava, one half cup contains 188 mg of vitamin C
- One half cup of raw red sweet pepper contains 142 mg of vitamin C and 20 calories.
- Kiwi, One medium kiwi contains 70 mg of the nutrient and 46 calories.
- One small orange has 50 mg of vitamin C and 42 calories.
- Green sweet peppers offer 60 mg of vitamin C per half cup, with only 15 calories.
- Grapefruit 3/4 cup has 50-70 mg vitamin C and 71-86 calories.
- Strawberries, A half cup of strawberries contains 49 mg of the vitamin and 27 calories.
- One quarter of a medium cantaloupe has 47 mg of vitamin C and 51 calories.
Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C or scientifically called ascorbic acid, vitamin C is one of the nutrients that is not made by the body, that's why it is important to eat vitamin C rich foods everyday.
RDA for Vitamin C
The FDA recommends 60 mg of vitamin C per day, this is only enough to prevent disease, like scurvy, wounds that don't heal, and bleeding gums, but
to have optimal health we should get more Vitamin C.
Some experts say 1000 mg per day is more like it. And this amount should be taken throughout the day to be more effective. A time released vitamin C would be a perfect way to get the vitamin C benefits you need throughout the day.
Click here to check out the best quality sustained released vitamin C.
Vitamin C Deficiency?
One reason we need vitamin C is adequate supplies can be used up very rapidly. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, and it needs to be replenished throughout the day. When you are under stress, vitamin C supplies become depleted much faster than usual. And air pollution and other toxins in our environment also use up our
vitamin C stores.
Vitamin C Antioxidant
Vitamin C is also an anti aging nutrient and an antioxidant,
it protects our cells like using sunscreen or squeezing lemon juice on an apple slice to prevent browning.
Vitamin C and Resveratrol Benefits
Resveratrol is the king of the anti aging compounds, it not only protects our cells from aging but actually turns on the sirtuin genes inside our cells that control how long we will live.
It is like a calorie restricted diet, but unlike a calorie restricted diet which most people can take for very long ( they say the diet is not worth the extra years) Resveratrol mimics the calorie restricted diet, so you are not miserable.
Click here to check out the best quality Resveratrol supplement I recommend.
Back to Facts On Vitamin C
Back to Vitamin C Dosage
From Vitamin C Foods Back to Home Page Resveratrol and Anti Aging