Vitamin E and Heart Disease
Many scientist believe Vitamin E and heart disease go hand in hand, as one of the most important compounds in the fight against cardiovascular disease. Listed below are the four most important reasons:
1. Vitamin E increases the amount of HDL in the blood and HDL is the "good cholesterol" that helps protect against CVD. The more HDL in the blood stream, the less likely that you will get heart disease.
2. Vitamin E stimulates the production of prostacyclin, a chemical that prevents blood platelets from sticking together and forming dangerous clots. (Omega-3, Resveratrol, also help platelets not stick together.) A clot in the heart area can lead to heart attack, a clot in the brain leads to stroke.
3. Vitamin E reduces the oxidation of fatty acids in the blood and thereby increases the oxygen available to the muscles and other tissues. Many doctors that study nutrition say cancer can not live in oxygen rich blood. And since the heart is a muscle, vitamin E is essential for it's health.
4. Vitamin E can help protect against the risk of CVD that comes with age. Resveratrol can help with diseases of aging like cancer, heart disease, dementia and stroke because it slows the aging process.
Vitamin E and Anti Aging
A study was done on individuals who had adequate intakes of vitamin E and they showed no increase in cardiovascular disease symptoms with age.
The common thinking is as we grow older our chances of developing CVD and other diseases thought to be of old age.
The truth is people with the right amounts of all the essential vitamins and minerals have better health even into advanced age.Vitamin E and heart disease is very important in our fight against this and all other diseases because vitamin E can combat even cancer.
Anti Aging Doctors and Vitamin E
According to doctors like Joseph Maroon M. D. and other anti aging doctors like Dr. David Sinclair, resveratrol can significantly slow the aging process given in the right amounts.
The American Diet and Vitamin E
Sometimes it is to difficult to get the right amounts of vitamin E in our diets. This fragile nutrient is easily destroyed. For example our food is over processed, take wheat for example is one of the riches sources of vitamin E, but when white flour is made from wheat, 80 percent of the vitamin is destroyed.
Also, experts say that two-thirds of vitamin E in an average American's diet comes from margarine and mayonnaise.
Since it is a good idea to cut down on these types of foods in our diet, we also reduce the amount of intake of vitamin E.
Heart disease is the number one killer disease of Americans that's why vitamin E and heart disease, should be number one on our list to help combat this disease.
Vitamin E Supplements
For the average American who is on the go, supplements may be the answer. Because the mineral selenium works synergistically with vitamin E (synergistically means that they work together help with effectiveness.) so the two nutrients should be taken together is supplement form.
There is some evidence, also, that too little selenium may contribute to heart disease, so it's very important to get adequate amounts of both elements.
Taking a vitamin E supplement that contains selenium can maximize the benefits of vitamin E.
Click here to check out the best quality Vitamin-E supplements.
Getting adequate amounts of all the vitamins and minerals in our diet helps slow the aging process, because what is aging but acquiring diseases over our lifetime and supplements like resveratrol can slow the disease process at least until we are 100 years old or older. Vitamin E and heart disease like many other diseases can be prevented and even cured.
The Four Key Mechanisms of Cellular Aging
Click here to check out the Resveratrol supplements I recommend.
- DNA Damage
Every day, every cell in your body is bombarded by up to a million DNA-damaging assaults. These assaults can damage the cell’s genetic database, creating a “typo” that may compromise cell function and longevity.
- Genetic Regulators
Genetic regulators contribute to age-related cellular deterioration by controlling the dynamic balance between damage and repair, including whether a cell will live or not.
- Declining Cellular Energy Production
Mitochondria in our cells create energy we can’t live without. As mitochondrial efficiency decreases, cell function declines.
- Accumulation of AGE Proteins
Excess accumulation of Advanced Glycation End products (AGE) can cause cellular damage that can compromise cell integrity and longevity.
Back to Vitamin E Benefits
From Vitamin E and Heart Disease Back to Home Page Resveratrol and Anti Agint